Can your favorite indulgences be healthy?
When it comes to healthy eating the answer has always been, is now, and always will be Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants. But does that mean you have to give up your favorite foods (like wine, chocolate, and cheese)? Not necessarily!
We’re sharing tips for how you can enjoy your favorite foods without sabotaging your health.
- Wine & Alcohol: You’ve heard it before – a glass of wine with dinner is good for your heart … is this true? Well, hold on to your bottle openers! Studies have shown that moderate alcohol intake, especially wine consumption, does indeed help lower the risk of heart disease. Dr. Klodas shares a video with more information.
- Cheese: If the thought of never eating cheese again seems almost impossible to fathom, that might be because cheese can actually be addictive!
- Chocolate: There are health benefits to chocolate, but only if you choose the right kind. Dr. Klodas shares why you should feel good about eating Dark Chocolate to satisfy your sweet tooth. Step One Foods now has 3 different chocolate options!
- Bread: The good news is that carbs are essential to heart health! So long as you choose complex, unprocessed carbohydrates. That’s the only kind we use in our Step One products.
- Meat: We’re in the middle of grilling season and you’re probably wondering how you can still fire up the grill without ruining your diet. Dr. Klodas shares practical tips for grilling season.
The trick to enjoying your favorite foods is to practice moderation and ensure that the rest of your diet is primarily whole-food, plant-based, and non-processed. Step One Foods offers a variety of healthy products that feel really indulgent! And if you enjoy two servings of Step One Foods daily, you can feel a bit better about having that glass of wine or slice of cheese.
Ultimately, you can never go wrong with our favorite diet advice: Eat food, not too much, mostly plants. Better health can only be achieved upon a foundation of better food.
Get heart health tips and articles like this, delivered right to your email.
New articles every week.